In addition to the fundraising, ``So, you Think you Know Maine?" Trivia Night at the Camden Snowbowl in January 2020, two Cornhole tournaments and a Raffle of an original J Braugh painting, the members have participated in roadside cleanups, painting the bathhouse at Laite Beach, painting the picnic tables in Camden parks like the Village Green, Harbor Park, Town Landing and Laite Beach and have also participated in West Bay Rotary projects like Toboggan Nationals parking, Christmas Tree and Wreath Sales. All of this has been accomplished by a group of 8 dedicated charter members of the Satellite.
Satellite of West Bay Rotary has supported our communities for the past 4 years. We continue to serve communities in many ways:
- We support education and economic development
- We fight food insecurity by donating to local food pantries in our community and in our schools.
- We mentor our youth through support of Interact Clubs (youth service clubs) we send several students each year scholarships to help their educational pursuits.
- We support economic development through our long-time partnership with Habitat for Humanity homes constructed by & for community members. This provides the opportunity for hands-on, real world experience for students, home owners & US!
- We continue our strong connection with Rotary International through our meetings.
- We work towards disease prevention and eradication by supporting the world-wide Polio Plus initiative to finally eradicate this dread disease from the world.
- We have provided local public sanitation projects safeguarding the health of visitors to our region.
We raise funds to benefits these causes through various fundraisers. Each year, we sell Christmas trees, host Cornhole Tournaments, painting raffles and Trivia events to name a few....
Copyright © 2023 satellite west bay rotary club - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder